Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A History Lesson, and a Reality Lesson.

I've been getting a lot of comments from people saying they have seen slenderman predating the SA thread. First of all, slenderman didn't exist until the SA thread. We all saw that shadow that looked really tall, or had nightmares that someone was following us. Victor Surge created him because he is the baseline of fear. His facelessness and odd proportions make us as people feel uneasy, and scared. This combined with the paranoia of him being a relentless, seemingly immortal stalker, and killer made him downright terrifying. However these fears were just subconscious paranoias until June 10 2009 when SA user Victor Surge posted him in a photoshop thread. A few years, and several thousand people following things concerning  him later he finally was brought into existence.

Now onto the real slenderman. Most of the 'mythos' is correct, in the sense that he's tall, faceless, and follows you. I'm guessing he'll kill me when he's done following me. All the 'der ritter' and 'der grosman' stuff is fake, and I don't see how he could be connected to cameras(however I've never recorded anything since he's been following me just to be sure). I don't think he wears a suit, or anything at all for that matter, and his skin just mimics the pattern of one. I can hardly imagine slenderman adjusting his cufflink. I have no idea how he sees, or speaks, or even if he does see or speak. To put it totally bluntly, I know almost nothing. All I know is that I need to get the fuck out of here before I die. I need to cover my tracks to prevent people from following me I'm debating whether or not to bring Natalie, I feel that if I leave, slenderman will leave her alone. Because I follow a lot of interactive fiction stories with him in it...I'm a good person for him to be following. My only question is...Why did he follow Natalie first?

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes, Slendy will go after those close to their main target. Take a look at Zeke Strahm. Slenderman wanted Zeke, but took Liz and Eric first. He wanted Zeke to remember that he was there during Zeke's childhood, when he failed to claim his target. Now, he wants to finish the job, and will go after those close to him to show him that he's unafraid to take out whoever is in the way of him.

    Zeke may have stumbled onto something: he repressed his memories of Slendy as a kid, and Slendy stopped coming after him. After Zeke was introduced to all the blogs and vlogs, that slowly reawakened his memories, allowing Slenderman to once again find his target. Perhaps repressing all the memories/knowledge of Slenderman are a possible key in avoiding his wrath.

    -Lucien

    ReplyDelete
  2. Possibly, since he was created by the power of suggestion, maybe he can be destroyed by it... Reread my post, I updated it after you posted it I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, you did update it after I posted my comment. From what I've read about him, Slenderman doesn't actually speak directly to people. As some people say, they hear the voice in their minds, meaning he may have some form of telepathic ability. Or, in the case of Zeke, Conaghan was used as a messenger for Slendy. Perhaps he takes these people to do his bidding, send his messages for him.

    Like I said, he may be going after Natalie first because of her closeness to you. Taking her with you or not will probably not make a difference. He can still use her to get to you. However, there could be a chance that maybe Natalie had experiences when she was younger with Slenderman or something similar. That could explain why it's coming after her now. Just a couple of thoughts.

    -Lucien

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, technically he didn't exist before 2009...so I can't really see how she could have seen him in her childhood....shit...I just thought of something. I'll write about it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete